Tuesday, December 21, 2010

THE ACCIDENT



On the morning of Sunday, December 12, 2010, I experienced the worst accident in my life.  I was heading to the north side of town for my gym appointment, as I usually do on most Sunday mornings, and while maneuvering through the curve that joins one interstate to another, my car began to fishtail. Within seconds, I was in a full spin across all four lanes of the highway into the median wall.  I can remember seeing the wall as my car approached it.  I seriously thought I was about to die.  I don't remember the airbags deploying, but I could smell them.  When the car finally stopped, I could feel a sharp pain in my chest and pain in my left arm.  I think I may have blacked out for a moment because I could see a lot of people standing around the car.  There were two ladies at my car door. When one of them opened the door, my arm fell from the arm rest unto the side of the seat.  I instantly felt the worst pain imaginable shoot up my arm and I could barely lift it.  I heard the lady on my left say that my arm was broken. She told me she was a nurse and she began to cut off my sweatshirt. A few minutes later, the ambulance was on the scene and I was taken to the hospital.  Through it all, I didn't cry until I was in the ER.  

I remember thinking, I have been employed with medical coverage since I was 16 years old and within these five months of my unemployment and no coverage I crash into a fucking wall. And to add some frosting to this shit cake, I had no auto insurance...Isn't that yummy?  Now, I officially have nothing to lose.  So, as I nurse all my bruises, both physical and emotional, I have some time to contemplate next steps.  I'll keep you all posted as it all unfolds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm as SOOO very sorry to hear about your accident but very happy to hear that you are safe and in one piece. Call us if you need anything. We love you lady!!!

Anonymous said...

[p]uggs bailey button advertising for adolescent young lady not forgetting male using this winter season . The third is the particular height, while I just like the shorter boot for below jeans, it isn't something that may look OK with whatever else, and certainly looks goofy of it's own . Over the years, ugg has discount ugg boots a wide array of selection that would perfectly fit your unique physical features . You will discover some areas [url=http://www.genuineuggaustraliasale.co.uk]ugg australia sale[/url] that you are able to change by by yourself after they damage in case you observe the individual information judiciously . I looked at the woman: black black trousers, heels, black hair, long white shirts, only colour is a pale green scarf, loosely set over his shoulder . Twinface Mark A sheepskin with natural edges, suede heel pads and nylon binding.[/p][p]Under such circumstances, one may look out to cheap boots on hot sale category [url=http://www.cheapuggbootsinaustralia.co.uk]cheap ugg boots[/url] which will help them lay their hands on the perfect pair of boots that will completely enhance their appearance for the outward they are planning to wear for an occasion . Even an ideal offer apart in Australia, cozy from sheepskin Ugg boots, now everywhere, When speaking about women's boots, specifically Ugg boots, you can use a pair of Hunter Willies for muddy, sunny, and water-resistant boots for the reason that Aussies critically adore enjoying the heat by means of the sunshine at an all-purpose [url=http://www.uggclassictallsand.co.uk]ugg classic tall uk[/url] pair of women's boots, not merely women's boots . Im Winter, wenn er Aktivitt UGG Boots Sale boots ging, "Pinguine in der Antarktis" gewann [url=http://www.uggbootsoutletclearance.co.uk]ugg boots outlet sale[/url] JiaHouXing streicheln Ihre Fe balmy in Baby Fellknuel in der Haut scheint Zustzliche Licht und Schnheit verdienen . If you buy one , you will [url=http://www.uggbootsinaustralia.co.uk]ugg australia[/url] know exactly what a great boots should be . ugg bailey button boot superior overshoes and also outsole made from numerous reliable plastic [url=http://www.uggbootsforsaleonline.co.uk]ugg boots sale uk[/url] which may shield you from slipping, you are able to apparel these classic cardy uggs sale made with confidence also stroll in the compacted snow . And [url=http://www.genuineuggaustraliasale.co.uk]genuine ugg sale[/url] the reboot is not inexpensive.[/p]